Welcome to the Hamilton-Wenham Mothers’ Club
Founded in 1913, the Hamilton-Wenham Mothers’ Club’s mission is to foster a sense of community and involvement and to create opportunities for activities and friendships among local mothers and children.
We endeavor to provide monthly options for fun, safe, and educational activities for families close to home. We also host events for moms to have fun and find support and friendships on their own time. We give back to the community through volunteer work with the towns and/or local non-profits or businesses.
Mothers’ Club Membership Offerings:
- Events for Children: Participate in special events include a Halloween Parade, Easter Egg Hunt, and a Pool Party
- Events for Moms: Moms can attend numerous social events include Mom’s Night Out (Monthly), a Recipe Exchange, Yoga classes, a Book Club, Enrichment Classes and an Annual Kentucky Derby Party, and many more
- Monthly Newsletter: Stay informed with a monthly newsletter that highlights upcoming Mothers’ Club event information and other family-oriented activities nearby
- Facebook Community: Connect with other families via our members-only Facebook page which allows members to share tips, recommendations, and other information
- Playgroups for various ages: Attend weekly playgroups for babies, toddlers and an “all ages” playground meet up
- Meal Delivery by Fellow Members: Members volunteer to make meals for families that have welcomed new babies or that are experiencing hardship
- New Family Welcome: Fellow members welcome new families to the area with baked goods and local area information
- Donation Drives: Participate in donation drives for local charities and support local organizations through fundraising
We have over 200 active members in 7 surrounding towns.
Come join us and meet other moms and kids in the area! We hope to see you soon.
As we approach the end of our 2020-2021 ‘season’ (for those who don’t know, we take a break from events for the summer in July and re-engage late August/early September), we reflect on a year that was far (far, far) from perfect, but that somehow brought us together despite it all. We are so thankful for our membership and the incredible participation and support we received from all of you this year. As a council, we committed from the start to putting on as many events and opportunities for connection as possible – despite our limited ability to do so in person – and to providing as much of a ‘community’ feel as we could despite the restrictive nature of the pandemic. Looking back, we are gratified by the number of faces we saw on Zoom, moms gathered around fires for book club, parents and kids braving weather of all sorts at playgroups, and comments and connections on Facebook. Looking forward, we are so happy to be able to ring in the summer with some great, in-person events and are excited to be able to gather and celebrate in larger capacities and with eased restrictions. We’re excited to see each other smile! We’re excited to say cheers from less than 6 feet apart! And we’re excited to meet new members “in real life” (as my 5-year-old would say about non-virtual events). The Mom’s Lawn Party in June should afford us all of these opportunities and we CANNOT WAIT!
In closing, I want to extend a larger-than-words thank you to Mugsy, co-president extraordinaire, and our entire club council. This year was a big pivot. So much effort went in to completely reorienting the way we operate, and I’ve been so fortunate to work with such an amazing team of women.
We hope to see many of you in June!
Emily & Mugsy