Welcome to the Hamilton-Wenham Mothers’ Club
Founded in 1913, the Hamilton-Wenham Mothers’ Club’s mission is to foster a sense of community and involvement and to create opportunities for activities and friendships among local mothers and children.
We endeavor to provide monthly options for fun, safe, and educational activities for families close to home. We also host events for moms to have fun and find support and friendships on their own time. We give back to the community through volunteer work with the towns and/or local non-profits or businesses.
Mothers’ Club Membership Offerings:
- Events for Children: Participate in special events include a Halloween Parade, Easter Egg Hunt, and a Pool Party
- Events for Moms: Moms can attend numerous social events include Mom’s Night Out (Monthly), a Recipe Exchange, Yoga classes, a Book Club, Enrichment Classes and an Annual Kentucky Derby Party, and many more
- Monthly Newsletter: Stay informed with a monthly newsletter that highlights upcoming Mothers’ Club event information and other family-oriented activities nearby
- Facebook Community: Connect with other families via our members-only Facebook page which allows members to share tips, recommendations, and other information
- Playgroups for various ages: Attend weekly playgroups for babies, toddlers and an “all ages” playground meet up
- Meal Delivery by Fellow Members: Members volunteer to make meals for families that have welcomed new babies or that are experiencing hardship
- New Family Welcome: Fellow members welcome new families to the area with baked goods and local area information
- Donation Drives: Participate in donation drives for local charities and support local organizations through fundraising
We have over 200 active members in 7 surrounding towns.
Come join us and meet other moms and kids in the area! We hope to see you soon.
The warm weather teases we’ve enjoyed these past few weeks, as well as the relative safety of outdoor play and meet-ups, have us pining for spring temps even more than usual. As we get closer to the opportunity to offer outdoor events and excursions similar to those we enjoyed in the fall, we’ve continued to cultivate a diverse set of virtual programs and events to keep us all engaged through the final bouts of cold. From delving into the important topic of college planning, to reading and discussing the next enthralling Kristin Hannah novel, to enjoying a cooking demonstration from a true industry professional – we’ve got a lot in store to help the lovely, can’t-decide-what-season-I-want-to-be month of March pass as quickly as possible :).
We are also super excited to welcome our new members via our first ever (go figure!) virtual New Member Social. We’ve been brainstorming ways to truly make all of our newest members feel as connected and welcome as possible despite our current circumstances. So to all new members – please be sure to keep an eye out for an invitation in the next week or so to our virtual New Member Social hosted by our HWMC council members. This will be an interactive and fun way to meet and connect with other moms and learn more about the club. Please register early so we can plan – as we’ll likely have some surprises to drop off in advance :). We look forward to meeting you all!
Finally, philanthropy is something that we value tremendously and we are always finding ways for our club and our membership to give back to the local community. In addition to our ongoing Community Outreach efforts, we are really excited to share that the HWMC has recently contributed $1,500 to the Hamilton-Wenham Community House and the Wenham Museum. These are two beloved non-profits that have been hard hit by the pandemic, since much of their revenue comes from events and admission. The Hamilton-Wenham Community House has offered critical childcare for working parents navigating the hybrid school model, and we are thrilled to donate funds supporting scholarships for local children to participate in their programs. The Wenham Museum is a place we have loved bringing our children to visit and a great host to our HWMC events. We are looking forward to more chances to play there and collaborate with them in the future, so we are doing our part to help sustain the museum in the meantime. Our club has been fortunate this year to have sustained membership dues and advertising revenue and we are pleased to be able to pass along much needed dollars to these local non-profit organizations. If you have an organization/cause that is local to the North Shore community, and that you feel could benefit from contributions (whether monetary or otherwise) from the club, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Community Outreach council members (Di & Hadley) at OutreachHWMC@gmail.com.
Thanks and warm wishes for a sunny spring!
~Emily Grimes & Mugsy Asadorian