It’s been an amazing summer break thus far! We hope everyone has been basking in the long hot days, taking extra deep breaths to find that reserve of patience, and really soaking up the season we pray for all winter and spring.
We had such a fun year and wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who keep it so active and vibrant. The HWMC currently consists of 217 members, 93 of which are new this year! We have 22 of our members serving on the Council, which is comprised of full-time working, part-time working and stay-at-home moms. These volunteers make all of our events and charitable initiatives happen. Speaking of which, a quick (impressive!) year-in review:
- 38 Toddler Playgroups were coordinated this year at local parks and establishments
- 43 Baby Group Gatherings
- 11 Book Club meetings were held
- 5 Enrichment events took place
- 10 Moms-Night-Out events were chiseled into our calendars (and a few 15 Walnut meet-ups slipped in too)
- Held 1 New Member Social to welcome our newest moms
- ? Lost count of how many Dads-Night-Outs there were
- Delivered a whopping 95 meals for Moms
In short – THANK YOU! Thank you to all of the outgoing (and incoming) Council, to those who come to the events, who volunteer to make meals for fellow members, and who contribute to making our community such a wonderful, welcoming place.
A huge thank you to Kate Kilpatrick for her leadership as Co-President the last two years, and many previous years on the Council. Kate is decisive, has smart ideas, pours a stiff drink, and always makes it fun. We will miss having her on Council this coming year. We’d also like to announce that Emily Grimes will be joining Casey Corbett as Co-President this year, and are so excited to have Emily on board.
We look forward to seeing all of you at our Kick-Off Event on the evening of Thursday, September 19th at Appleton Farms. More details to follow!
-Casey Corbett & Emily GrimesCo-Presidents. 2019-2020